THE FOLLOWING CHANGES HAVE BEEN ESTABLISHED FOR 2015-16
1. MEN’S CLASS A,B, C, D, E, REC. E, MASTERS, WOMEN’S
, CO-ED, CHURCH, INDUSTRIAL, ARMED FORCES, BLACK AMERICAN, NATIVE
- A. SOFTBALL:
1. SSAA Stamped Maximum of Cor. 44
2. Maximum compression of 375 lbs.
3. State of Pennsylvania ONLY is allowed Cor. 40 compression 325 with any stamp.
- B. BATS NOT ALLOWED FOR ANY SSAA SANCTIONED
1. Miken Balanced
2. Miken Maxload
3. Miken Ultra II
4. LADY VIRUS VIRSP 3 by Combat
5. Bats made of titanium or titanium alloys are illegal
- 6. Only seniors age 50 and over may use senior bats.
- 6a. Women age 40 and over may use senior bats.
- 7. Men cannot use a bat made for Ladies only.
- 8. Bats may be screened by tournament directors. An umpire that suspects the legality of a bat should bring it to the attention of the tournament director or league administrator. Any bat can be deemed unsafe and removed from the game by the tournament director or umpire.
- 9. A player has been injured by a batted ball using a bat suspected of being illegal, tournament directors may confiscate the bat for the remainder of the tournament and possible manufacture testing at the owner's expense. In the event the bat owner refuses to turn over the bat to the tournament director, the bat will be deemed illegal and the player will be banned from all SSAA tournament and league play for six months.
2. MEN’S CLASS AA CLASSIFICATION HAS BEEN DELETED
- A. Considering there is no longer a Major program,
SSAA finds it difficult to restrict quality players from participating
in SSAA Class A & B Programs.
- ARMED FORCES CLASSIFICATION
- ALL MILITARY WORLD TOURNAMENTS WILL USE A PITCHERS SCREEN.
TO ORDER :
12 " and 11" Softballs
Cor. 44 375
1-800-327-0074 Ext. 127
Frank Sottile, Rep.
A. D. Starr
Cor. 44 375
Kevin S. 845-532-2668
SOFTBALLS ARE AVAILABLE FOR SALE AT MOST
SSAA TOURNAMENT LOCATIONS.